So, um, as you may have noticed… There have been more interviews and articles about Jim Cummings in the last week then in the entire last year. And I, your mild manner cult leader, am having some trouble keeping up while still maintaining the rest of my life.
I have decided to handle this thusly: a mega post. Here is a big ole list of some of the news and interviews and other goodies that have come up since I last updated you…
Firstly, here are a few that I shared on Facebook on Twitter on Friday but never got a chance to add to the blog.
- Jim Cummings Guest Blog – Here Comes Winnie the Pooh! A blog post written by Jim Cummings himself about the Winnie the Pooh movie.
- Remember the Mommy Blogger event a few weeks ago? Here are a few more photos and a video interview from that.
- Jim Cummings Honors Past Greats With ‘Winnie The Pooh’ & ‘Tigger’ This is an audio interview where JC talks about the legacy of Sterling Holloway (Pooh) and Paul Winchell (Tigger) and taking over their roles.
I shared this on the social networks already as well but I wanted to highlight this on it’s own little row because it’s a big fat hairy deal: Jim Cummings was on The Late Late Show with Craig “the new voice of Owl” Ferguson this past Friday. If you missed it, you can catch the full episode here. (Jim is near the end). There’s an unofficial video that’s just the clip of Jim Cummings here but I don’t know how long it will be up before it gets taken down. To quote @shallow15, “Did you see Jim Cummings on Craig Ferguson last night? He killed! And earned the Golden Mouth Organ.”
Now for the stuff that I didn’t share on Friday…
- Here’s a brief audio interview with Jim Cummings from the Pooh press roundtable (and a grainy as heck picture)
- Here’s a very big profile of Jim Cummings as well as an interview with lots of trivia and history about his life in New Orleans: ‘Winnie the Pooh’ voice actor Jim Cummings knows what it means to miss New Orleans
- The excellent folks at Collider have an exclusive video interview with Tom Kenny and Jim Cummings that you’ll enjoy
- Remember Piper? Her video interview with Jim Cummings is up here.
- Big text interview with Jim Cummings in The Wall Street Journal
- Video interview with Jim Cummings where he talks how he got the role of Winnie the Pooh (Is it me or does JC look vaguely like Danny Devito at points in this interview?)
- Very brief audio and text interview with Jim Cummings from Movie Fanatic
But how is the movie, you ask?
- It’s got an overwhelmingly positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes
- The California Literary Review says, “Jim Cummings, however, takes the prize for his leading role. The task of preserving Pooh’s one of a kind tone and manner of speech, made famous by the late Sterling Holloway, is a staggering one, and Cummings (who also plays the spirited Tigger) does it so well that Winnie the Pooh is the only character who sounds just as he did almost fifty years ago. “
- RT @ToddEdwardsFilm Winnie the Pooh is excellent. A rare throwback to classic Disney, with a surprisingly sharp script. Congrats to Jim Cummings & all involved.
Whew! Have I missed any? Leave em below.